Know the facts

What is
carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a poisonous gas. If you breath it in, it can make you very ill. You can’t see, hear, smell, taste or touch it, which is why it’s know as the ’silent killer’.

Learn our co dance

Where Does it Come From?

Carbon monoxide can come from appliances that you use to cook with and to heat your home. It’s really important that you know how to spot the dangers and how to deal with them.

Play our interactive house game

What are the effects on the body?

There are several symptoms caused by carbon monoxide poisoning including:

  • Headache
  • Dizziness
  • Breathlessness
  • Nausea or feeling sick
  • Collapse
  • Loss of consciousness
Match the symptoms

How to stay safe?

If you suspect that you may have a carbon monoxide leak, you should call the National Gas Emergency number on 0800 111 999*. And/or consult a doctor?

*All calls are recorded and may be monitored.

CO Construction